Groups of Foreign and Ukrainian visitors and individual citizens may visit ChNPP for familiarization purpose according to specific, specially developed “Basic Plus” route.
Weekend tours are available only for members of the public who visit the Exclusion Zone as part of an organised visiting group and enter through the Checkpoint “Dytiatky”. The route of the visit starts from the ChNPP Administrative Building-1.
Acceptance and information support services are fee-based services. Payment is made according to the approved tariffs.
The visit application is submitted in due time, but not later than 20 calendar days prior the visit date.
All participants should fill in and sign the Form for ChNPP Dosimetry Control (link),which should be available at the visitor and before the visit should be handed over to the accompanying personnel from ChNPP.
The application should be filled without any abbreviations.
When filling the application form, the visitor agrees to fulfill a number of mandatory requirements by participants, and ensure that the visit participants:
- have no medical contraindications for stay within the area with high ionizing radiation levels, the impact caused during the year does not exceed 0.9 mSv;
- are agree with processing of their personal data;
- prior to the beginning of the visit will provide the Chornobyl NPP responsible personnel with the filled and signed health and physics control form for every person.
In addition, before to start the visit visitor is obliged to check availability of
- identity card corresponding to the one indicated in the submitted Application;
- filled and signed health and physics control form
The program will be prepared and approved based on the result of the application review, it is the basis for entry to Chornobyl NPP territory, or visit refusal will be issued with appropriate justification.
The grounds for refusing the visit into the Exclusion zone and zone of unconditional (obligatory) resettlement are the following:
- persons who have not reached the age of eighteen years;
- provision of unreliable data in the application;
- unfavorable weather conditions;
- threat of an emergency situation or fire during a fire-hazardous period;
- performance of repair (research, technological) and other works that make it impossible for unauthorized persons to stay on the territory of the Exclusion zone and the zone of unconditional (mandatory) resettlement;
- in case of obtaining information from law enforcement agencies about the involvement of a person in terrorist activities;
- failure to pay within the established timeframe;
- in other cases, based on the norms of legislative and regulatory acts, including administrative documents of higher organizations, supervisory, controlling organizations, making it impossible to organize visits.
All visits to Chornobyl NPP for familiarization purposes are one-day visits.
If necessary, Chornobyl NPP shall, at the end of the visit, provide the Deed of the services provided.
Chornobyl NPP shall not be liable for any damages caused to the health, property of the visitor / organizer – inflicted before, during, after the visit by other visitors, visit organizers, third parties, as well as due to the effects of radiation and other harmful factors, natural disaster, animals, etc.
Chornobyl NPP shall not be liable for any losses caused to the health, property of the visitor / organizer – inflicted before, during, after the visit by the actions or omissions of the services ensuring the traffic, utilities or other services providing services to the visitors / organizers. Submitting the application at Chornobyl NPP website, the visitor/organizer confirms that he or she is familiar with and fully agrees with all the terms and conditions of Chornobyl NPP visiting.